Sunday, June 30, 2013

Amanda Lawrence - June DT share

Can you believe that today is the last day of June?? Half the year is now officially gone and we're on that slippery slope that runs straight in to Christmas!! It's almost scary to think how fast the days just fly on by and is really a strong reminder to make the most out of every moment.

Today I have 3 projects to share with you all and I really hope the provide you with much inspiration.

Little Lollipop Thief


I love these cute little happy snaps of my daughter, they document the story of when she helped herself to a lollipop at the checkout. 


I used one of the nested hearts from the 12x12 set and simply inked it in black to creating a striking frame for my photos. The butterfly is from the 12x12 Linda's Scribble set. I impulse bought a set of metallic sharpies at a recent craft show and I am in love with them! They colour the chipboard so nicely and effortlessly and the best thing is there is no drying time at all.


I needed a smaller butterfly to put at the base of my layout and the micro sheet of Beauty Butterflies was perfect! Exactly the same design just smaller :)


To add balance to the finished page I added a smaller cluster where the heart frame tucked beneath the photos.

Memory Maze products:

Other products used:
Bazzil cardstock, Teresa Collins papers, AC Thickers, MoTEX tape writer, D-lish Scraps flowers and resin pieces, ink, metallic Sharpie, staples.

..................................................................................................

Together


I just adore this photo! It captures a super sweet moment of my boy bonding with his guinea pig.


I framed the photo with a pinked circle from the 200x200 pack of nested shapes. I used the word 'together' from the word sheet for my title. I just love this loopy font. I have coloured it with my metallic sharpie in silver, have I told you how much I love my metallic sharpies yet?! ;)


To embellish I used a variety of stars from the multi pack and a mini camera from the micro sheet. I used inks to colour them and then highlighted the designs with my metallic sharpie. I was surprised at how effortlessly the sharpie went over the top of the ink and also that there was no bleeding of the ink from underneath.


I like to use typographic titles on my layouts that also incorporate a bit of journaling. The 'Sweet' flag from the banner words flag pack was perfect to do this. Again I inked first then used the sharpie to highlight the text. I tucked the flag through another star from the multi pack and finished off the cluster by tying some twine around the flagpole. 

Memory Maze products:

Other products used:
Simple Stories papers, D-lish Scraps foil doiley, chevron bag, washi tape and twine, Adorn It alphas, ink, metallic Sharpie. 

..................................................................................................

Swing High


On my daughters 2nd birthday we went for a walk to do a mini photo shoot. We stopped off for a break at the swings and I captured these images.


I used some chevrons from the micro sheet which I have inked in black. I found that by using a dauber to gently rub the ink on I could achieve a chalkboard effect on the chipboard. 


I used the same technique for the mini camera and I have added it to a paper covered heart from the hearts multi pack. I finished off by adding some pen around the edge and a small rhinestone heart to the camera lens.


A close up to show off the embellishing and hand stitching I added to finish off the page.

Memory Maze products:

Other products used:
Bazzil cardstock, Echo Park papers, Pink Paislee and Sasafrass alphas, MoTEX tape writer, D-lish Scraps flowers, rhinestone and cabochons, thread, pen, ink.

..................................................................................................

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to get out your stash and get creating!

Till next time 
Amanda x


3 comments:

  1. Wow Amanda...amazing work I love them all...but I especially love your hand sewing and Chevrons, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these layouts show off the chippies beautifully. Great ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Amanda. They all look superb!

    ReplyDelete