Monday, December 9, 2013

December from Susan

It's how many days 'till Christmas!! I love this time of year and always take lots of photos so now I have a few Christmas albums. I have found that Memory Maze chipboard features in a lot of my layouts as it is so easy to work with and you can do so much with it.
Best Buddies
As I often take series of photos I like to make double layouts to fit in all the photos. These photos are of my husband and grandson and I love the interaction they are having.

I layered the fussy cut flowers with the chipboard pieces to create a frame around the photos.

This word banner is part of a set of 9 banners. I used marker pens to colour it in....quick and easy!

The large lily was coloured in with a marker pen to give it a base coat of colour then painted with glitter paint. The center was embossed with embossing powder.

The 2 corner pieces are from a larger set so you get lots of wonderful pieces. I embossed this with Distress embossing powder then embossed in patches with the glitter embossing powder for a rustic look.

Another quick way to embellish the chipboard is to ink it in one colour and then ink the edges in a darker colour to give it a shadow effect.
Memory Maze Products used
Lily (150x150) LO060
Swirl corners ZO029
Best Buddies SO048
 
Other Products Used
Kaisercraft Rhinestones & Just Believe-Hymn & Glisten, Christmas Carol-Away in a Manager.
.......................................................................................................................................
CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
Each Christmas I like to make a decoration or two for our home. I used the same base piece for each of these decorations but did a girl and a boy theme. The other chipboard pieces are not Christmas themed but were painted to fit in with the decoration colours.

The decoration on the left was base coated in Distress Stain in brushed pewter. The frame was painted in Smooch-taffy and the swirl in Smooch-grape.
The decoration on the right was base coated in Distress Stain in tarnished brass. The star was made from a banner that was cut down and bent to create the star frame. It was coated with Radian Rain in spiced pumpkin. The small plaque was painted with Adirondack Acrylic dabber-snowcap. The numbers and the crown were painted with Smooch in blue and gold.
Memory Maze Products Used
Christmas Candel SO108
Frame
Small Swirl
Banner
 
Other products used
Ribbon, holly. paper flowers and angel.
 
With only a couple of weeks until Christmas I hope that these help to bring the Christmas spirit to you. Have a safe and Merry Christmas.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment