Friday, January 31, 2014

Celebrating Firsts



Hello and welcome all.  If you have not read yesterdays post click here,  we have added to the Design Team family so please pop by and welcome them.

* * * * * * * * * *

Amber-Leigh's First Fish
  Sally the lady behind the scene who creates all these fantastic designs sent me a 12 by 12 frame a very long time ago.  I have been waiting to use it and today is the day.

My partner in crime is a fly fisher and over the past year he has been taken Amber-Leigh out on a few fishing adventures.  They spend the whole day out and always come back with a trout or two.  This day was super exciting as Amber-Leigh caught her first fish.  She was so proud.


For this project I used Gelato's, Pitt Pens and clear embossing powders. It really was a learning curve as I am still exploring gelato's and loving it.


I covered the entire frame with a very light layer of gesso first so the gelatos would not soak into the chipboard.  Then using different colours and my finger I started to add colour to the chipboard.  on the fishing man I also used a Pitt pen to give some detail.


I used a mixture of browns for the tree


Just thought I would add a close up of my proud fishing team :-)



There is so much you can do with this frame.  For the fish I used a number of colours and then used a pitt pen to add the spots of yellow.


To make the frame pop a bit more I added the blue and to seal the whole frame i embossed it with a super fine clear embossing powder from Wow Embossing.

Memory Maze product used:
Fisherman overlay 12 x 12  sold individually

* * * * * * * * * *

One of my favourite pass times is to play in my art journal and explore new ideas.  I was playing with sprays and masks for the background of this page and it was so pretty I had to keep adding.


I have used a number of smaller pieces of memory maze chipboard to finish off this page.


I used an embossing pen to emboss the word love with white embossing powder,  I love how you can used the outlines of the words to colour,  I must admit that I need a new pen as the fine tip is a bit rounded now.  After I embossed I added blues and purples and blended with my finger.


I had some left over butterflies from another project, theses have a thin layer of gesso and then painted with distress paint.  I used a font stamp to add texture.


These words were embossed in white and then I added a small amount of blue pitt pen and rubbed around the edges.


I close up of the blue


Memory maze Chipboard Products I used:

Flat banner words celebrate 100 x 150sold 3\'s

Forever wordsheet sold in 3\'s

Secrets word sheet sold 3\'s

Lindas scribble with butterflies dragonflies and birds sold indi

* * * * * * * * * *

Thanks for popping by, I hope you have enjoyed my post today and look forward to seeing you all again soon.  Till then,  Happy scrappin xox Donna :-)


.

























1 comment: