Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tracey Campbell - January Part Two

Hello and welcome. Grab a coffee before you start reading as I have a few layouts and some simple step by steps for sharing this month, so it may take you a little while to get through it all. This month is all about celebrations and for my first creation I wanted to show you how we celebrate life at our place - we live it, we have adventures and take risks because ......

Life is a Beautiful Ride

My first every multimedia canvas!! I had a heap of fun playing with lots of products, paint and glue...then adding the deliciously wonderful Memory Maze Chipboard to it to finish it all off. Seriously wether your thing is scrapbooking, project life, off the page or multimedia play then there is some chipboard items from Memory Maze to suit you and your style.
 
A close up of the title - I have used the word title "Life is a Beautiful Ride" and I heat embossed using two different coloured embossing powders. It was a bit of a challenge not to cross the colours over and the first time I have attempted it, a few out of place colour marks...but the whole canvas is a beautiful mess so it suited it.
With my large butterfly I had to add a bit of bling and some feathers. Keep reading and I will share with you how I got this pastel iridescent effect on all the butterflies.  
To get this effect mix a tiny amount of acrylic paint with some Derivan Matisse Iridescent Medium and simply paint on to the centre of a Memory Maze chipboard butterfly.
Mix a second colour and add to the top outer wings of the butterfly.
 Then a third colour to the bottom part of the wings.
 Let to dry - I laid mine to rest on a slight angle so that the thick paint would run and pool at the bottom of the butterflies wings to give the extra effect of the butterfly's colours running.
 Repeat the process until you have enough butterflies for your project.
Memory Maze Product Used:

 Live word title; Product ID G0038
 Adventure word title; Product ID G0077
 Butterfly 3 Product ID S0060
 
Linda's Scribble with Butterfly, Birds and Dragonflies; Product ID Z0044
Life is a Beautiful Ride word title; Product ID: lif as
 
******************************************

Love You To The Stars and Beyond

For this layout I wanted to celebrate my love for my two daughters. I am forever telling them I love them to the Moon or Stars and beyond, so I wanted to actually put that in a layout. I have also been having some more fun with multi media products....I love getting messy. I created this background with the help of some Gesso, water paints and one Memory Maze product - the pinked stars. Simply adhere the Memory Maze chipboard stars to the background cardstock and apply white gesso over the top, wait to dry and then paint with water colours and last splatter with water colour.
I added some extra gesso around the edges of the chipboard stars to give them a thick messy texture.
The final touch was adding the centre pinked star near the title to draw the eye.
Memory Maze Product Used:

 Pinked Star; Product ID L0263
******************************************

 Cute Family

This layouts celebrates the four of us together being a family.
Now I am not sure if you all know but Memory Maze now designs and sells Poly Templates. What are they you might ask??? You might know them by a different name....Stencils or Masks. I have used the Dots and Stuff Poly Template for this layout to add some texture and interest to the page. Simply a matter of holding the template down and adding your medium to it and lift. In this case I used some gesso and then sprayed some mist over the top. Such great effects can be created.
While I am discussing the new products that Memory Maze has in store did you know that we also
sell beautiful Mulberry Flowers? If you have not ordered any before now you absolutely must, as they are so easy to work with. They come in a large range of colours, but what I really love about them is that they also come in a white colour and being made out of Mulberry Paper they are super easy to alter to suit any project. After I have showed you my close ups of this layout I will show you how I changed the appearance of the orchid flowers, so keep reading.
First a close up of the chipboard word titles that I used, I combined the words "cute" and "family" to give me my title, a simple spray of some purple Colour Mist and they were perfect. That is one of the major drawing cards for me for working with Memory Maze's chipboard - you can alter them quickly and simply or go to great lengths to decorate them and either way they turn out wonderful.
In this close up you can see some of the Gardenia Mulberry flowers, which I left white and some of the altered Orchids. The gold swirl in the bottom right hand corner is part of a chipboard boarder which I sprayed with some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine to give it a very metallic look.
 
Now if you are still with me here is a simple step by step on how to alter the Mulberry Paper Flowers to suit you project.
Separate an individual from the group, I have chosen to use the Orchids.
Pick three different coloured mists - two similar colours and one contrasting colour. Using the mist as you would any paint, paint the centre of the two side petals and the three smaller petals.
With the similar colour mist paint the edges of the petals with just their centre already painted. The Mulberry paper will bleed so only paint the edges and it will blend towards the first mist colour by itself. If it doesn't quiet touch add a little more mist to the edge.
Using the contrasting mist paint the centre of the flower.
 And Ta-da....a beautiful hand painted flower.
Memory Maze Product Used:

 Word Title Family: Product ID S0403
Word Title Cute: Product ID S0403
Mixed Colour Small Gardenia Mulberry Flowers: Product ID SAA - 141
Boarder 3: Product ID E0018
Small White Mulberry Paper Orchids: Product ID SAA - 315
Dots and Stuff Poly Template
******************************************
I hope you have enjoyed my post and I apologise for it being so long, but I seriously love all of the Memory Maze products and the only way I can convey that across to you all is by showing and sharing with you how to use it and how versatile it seriously is.
Until next month.
 
Hugs
Tracey

1 comment: