Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter is almost here: Alicia's DT reveal

Hi. Today I am continuing our theme of Easter, starting with a project that I am very proud of. This began as a wire Easter egg ferris wheel that I found at Woolworths of all places.

 I teamed it with some gorgeous Graphic 45 papers and of course some Memory Maze chipboard and flowers to create this fun centre piece.

I created the box frame at the bottom from plain sheets of chipboard. The sides were covered in punched strips of patterned paper.


 For the title frame, I inked the piece white, then added colour with an ink dauber, before embossing with glitter.


 The tiny birds were inked in white then embossed with glitter embossing powder.



Memory Maze products used:

Oval ornate 100 x 85 small


50 MIXED RED/PINK & WHITE MULBERRY PAPER CHRYSANTHEMUMS
SAA-070  20 MIXED PINK MULBERRY PAPER CARNATION FLOWERS

.................................................................


Next up is a fun pic from my children's Easter egg hunt from last year. I have again used Graphic 45 papers for this layout. For the background, I swiped some gesso, then sprinkled glitter embossing powder. Once heat set, I sponged ink over the hexagon stencil.



For the chipboard pieces, I inked first, then applied diamond stickles over the top.


I fussy cut lots of floral pieces from patterned paper, then added lots of Memory Maze flowers over the top.


Together word sheet sold 3\'s




Boarder 2  pkt of 25
50 MIXED RED/PINK & WHITE MULBERRY PAPER CHRYSANTHEMUMS


SAA-051  50 PINK MULBERRY PAPER CHERRY BLOSSOMS

SAA-056  50 WHITE MULBERRY PAPER CHERRY BLOSSOMS

SAA-070  20 MIXED PINK MULBERRY PAPER CARNATION FLOWERS

SAA-194    100 2-TONE TURQUOISE SWEETHEART BLOSSOM

....................................................................

Finally I have a layout of my boys from their Easter hat parade this year. Kyan is getting a little older now, so we went with a Minecraft themed hat. Being a boy layout, I went a bit grungy this time.


 The chipboard flourish was a larger piece that a cut into smaller sections, so I could better manipulate the way they fit around the photos. I inked all the pieces in two colours of ink, then added additional paint spray and ink after they were adhered to the page.



Memory Maze products used:

Multi beehive stencil
Flourish Swirl    Sold in 3\'s

.............................................................

Thanks for stopping to have a look, I'd love to hear what you think. 




'

No comments:

Post a Comment