Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tracey Campbell's May Reveal

Mother's Day is a celebration honouring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society. In Australia we celebrate Mother's Day in May, so this month on the Memory Maze Blog we will be showcasing all things "Mother".
If you have been having a hard time finding any Mother themed products for you crafting designs well you have now come to the right place. The Memory Maze Store is packed to the rafters with lots of beautifully designed products that would suit any Mother theme project.
I have three layouts to share with you this Month, two that celebrate my love for my mother and the other that details my love of being a Mother to my two cheeky daughters.

Mum

My Mum has always been there right beside me for my whole life, through think or thin. In and out of trouble through my teens and holding my hand on my wedding day and for the birth of my babies. With out her I have no idea where I would be. So to complement this photo of her I wanted to give the layout a subtle look so that the main focus would be the photo.
For this layout I cut the frame and the lamp post with attached embellishments out from the 12x12 sheet and painted with white Gesso to start off.



Once the white gesso was dry I used some water colour paints to give a subtle pastel look to the chipboard.


For the frame I added some texture paste over the gesso then randomly painted some of the texture paste with a light blue water colour. When it was dry I added some stickles around the inner circle of the frame to add a little sparkle and shine.

Memory Maze Product Used

Product ID: Floral Poly Template
Product ID: 12x12 frame
Product ID: SAA-141 Mixed Small Gardenia

***************************************

Love Being A Mum To These Two

 I have many roles in my life Daughter, Wife, Naval Officer, Friend, Sister....the list goes on and on, but my favourite role is as a Mum to my two daughters. They bring such joy and fun into my life and I wanted this layout to reflect that.


All the chipboard was painted white with some Acrylic Paint, a white base allows you to change the colour of the chipboard without loosing any of the tone from the original chipboard colour.


 Next I randomly painted some of the chicken wire with some pink ink and then coated the little girl with some light pink stickles.


Some of the chipboard I just left painted white.

Memory Maze Product Used

Product ID: Look at me girls with birds
Product ID: 12x12 Chicken Wire Z0010
Product ID: Hearts Multi Pack 5 S0019
Product ID: Fancy Tags Large
Product ID: Micro Open Butterflies

***************************************

Mum and Me

It isn't very often that I get a photo of Mum and I together....usually it is one or the other behind the camera, so for this photo I gave my much beloved camera over to my six year old daughter!!! I think she is a budding photographer.
For this layout I used lots of texture paste, one of the Memory Maze Poly Templates and three different coloured mists. I held the paper vertical as I sprayed so the mist would run down the page.
For the chipboard words I painted white with gesso then gave each piece a fine coat of peach mist and before the mist dried I wiped off some of the excess mist so that the white could be seen through the mist.
I wanted a bit of a textured look on the chipboard vintage corners so I painted roughly with texture paste then left it to dry. When it was dry I gave it a slight mist and wiped of most of the mist so that the colour just stayed in the valleys of the texture. Next I hit it with a stronger coloured mist in the very corner. When it was all completely dried I gave it a very soft going over with a bit of sand paper.
 
Memory Maze Product Used

Product ID: Vintage Corner S0538
Product ID: Swirl L0073
Product ID: Together Word Sheet S0789
Product ID: Authentic Word Sheet S0807
Product ID: Poly Template Brick Wall
Product ID: SAA-141 Mixed Small Gardenia

***************************************
Thanks for dropping in be sure to pop back in a couple of days for some more Mother inspired creations from the other Design Team Members.

Hugs
Tracey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment