Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Creative Process with new DT Toni

 
Good morning Memory Maze friends.
I'm new DT Toni and today I am here to share with you a layout that I'm hoping you'll love as much as I do.

As an introduction to me though, I wanted to share with you my creative process. 
  Here is my finished project, now please sit back and relax with your morning coffee while I take you on the strange journey that occurs in my world each time I craft.


 
This is what I started with.
A few different ideas and products out, but the general design is laid out.
 
After playing with some gesso on a grey base and B&W newsprint it just wasn't working. So I looked over and this gorgeous "Bluebird" cardstock was calling out to me. A little below it was the perfect tissue paper script print. I can't believe I didn't notice these to start with.
 
Next was to layer the tissue paper, pattern paper and the pattern paper with some Gesso pasted.
You'll notice of this DT term, that I quite like to play with products to create my own bases. 
I love a messy look! Most of my creations will have edge distressing and inking.
 
As I mentioned before, my general layout design stays roughly the same.
 However the products always seem to change.
 I found these cool adhesive florets, they suit this colour scheme so well.
How and why didn't I see these from the start too!
 
Since I wanted to paint the chipboard wire Silver, I knew I had to balance it somehow.
So out of the 3 different bling swirls, I chose the Rhinestone Crystal design.
 
When I colour chipboard with Silver, I like to ink it first.
The Ranger Adirondack alcohol ink is my favourite to use for a bright and shiny finish.
 
Mummy's Boy, I chose to colour with a "Pinecone" refill ink.
 It's quite thick so I don't need to ink the chipboard first. The title came out a bit darker that I had expected, so I used some Vanilla, Olive & Lagoon Blue inks to lighten and highlight it.
But don't forget to clean off the ink pads afterwards, otherwise they will stain the dark brown and wont be much good next time you want to use them.
 
Here are a couple of quick close up's to showcase the clusters on each side of the photo.
The photo contains my beautiful oldest son Lane and I at his Grade 6 Graduation last year.
The journaling tag expresses my honour of being the Mummy to this wonderful boy.
 
 
 
Finally, I can't sign off without introducing myself properly-
I'm 28yrs old. I have two boys, aged 11 and 4.
Lane has just started High School, Hunter has just begun Prep. They are both into swimming and AFL.
I love to craft with all kinds of paper craft but don't have a "style" other than impatience. I like to have some music on while I'm crafting, unfortunately for my son's that usually means that I'll be singing along too.  
I collect Fairies, have a Dog and Guinea Pig.
I am a Chief Steward at the Speedway, very active on all the boys sport committees and school P&F's.
 
Memory Maze products used;
CHICKEN WIRE LARGE 150X150
MUMMYS BOY 150X7
 
Thank you for joining my this morning!
 I will be back later this afternoon to share with you another creation.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely layout and great description Toni such a lovely use of such a stunning photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Toni. I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete