Sunday, March 1, 2015

Boy's Birthday Card

Hi, it's Jodie here again to share with you another boy's birthday card. After seeing Toni's post from earlier on last week, I decided to take a leaf out of her book and keep this one fairly simple. I also wanted something that could easily be generated in an evening. On going through my Memory Maze stash I found a few pieces that I could see going together to make a birthday card for our nephew who's 7th birthday is next week. I started with a light grey card base and pulled out my Kaiser Craft paper pad and selected a few papers that I liked. These were cut down to size and some were embossed using my Big Shot. This is the layout that I was originally planning on doing.

 
I used the Birthday Party and It's a Boy chippies and cut them up so that I could have birthday boy for the card. The leftovers made It's a party, so I decided to use these on the inside of the card. The words were all coated with yellow stickles to prepare them for the card. With the BMX chippie I placed dots of different colours of alcohol inks on my non-stick craft mat and then added a few spritzes of water to help activate them. I then placed the chippie face down on the inks and let it soak up the colours. Here is a picture of how it turned out.
 
 
Then it was simply a case of adding a bit of brown ink to the grey card base to grunge it up a bit, and stick everything down.
 
 
Here is the finished inside of the card, all ready to be written on.
 
 
And here is the front of the card. Please excuse the white glue drops around the chippie pieces as the glue was still wet when the picture was taken, but these will dry clear. I also decided to add a layer of glossy accents to the top of the BMX to help it stand out a bit more after this photo was taken.
 
 
I hope that you have enjoyed this post and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
 
Until next time,
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Jodie.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with boy/bike chippie Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, yet highly effective! Love this card!!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing, Toni.. :)

    ReplyDelete