Saturday, October 3, 2015

Christmas Cage & Magnetic Bookmarks - by Toni Herron

Christmas Cage




Using the recent released Kaiser, Silver Bells collection I have made this fun and cute Bird Cage creation.  Start off by cutting the circles for the base of the cage from the plain chipboard sheets. Gluing them together and wrapping a strip of cardstock around the edge. Then cut even strips of paper to make the cage. Fan the strips out in a star shape and stick the center together, I used glue dots and then a split pin. 

Once the center is decorated, you can add the cage over the top by sticking each leg of the star down to the base. Place another strip of paper over that so you conceal them.


Remember that it is always a good idea to make sure that the back of your creations are decorated also, especially when it's a piece that can be picked up and inspected closely. 


For this piece of chipboard, I have coated it in glue and covered with the Distress Glitter.. Once dry I sprayed both sides with the pink mist, then spot sprayed it with a teal mist that I custom made and lightly re-dusted with some glitter again. 
The corner flourishes were simply painted Grey. 


Memory Maze products used; 






Magnetic Bookmarks


As both my Dad and I are huge readers, I really wanted to make something special for him for his upcoming birthday this month. He also very much enjoys Fishing, so I thought I would put that theme onto the bookmark. I used some very neutral colours for the base, but really brighten up the project by using colours on the chipboard fishing rod, hook and the fish. 


The Fishing Rod has been coloured with the Red Cherry Gelato, the Hook was painted Silver with an Ranger alcohol ink and the Fish has been coloured with a Smooch Spritz mist three ways to look marbled. The finishing touch to the Fish is some Crackle Paint for a scaly look and the Rod has Dimensional Magic on it, so the colouring can't rub off. 

The Butterflies on the bookmark that I made for myself, have all been coloured with Gelatos - Red Cherry, Margarita & Metallic Mint - then finished off with Dimensional Magic and some Distress Glitter.
Impasto and a stencil has been used on the base of the bookmark to give it texture, then wrapped with some black cotton to really make the fun Gelato colours pop. 


Memory Maze products used; 



Thank you very much for joining me today. I hope you find some inspiration from these projects to have some of your own fun with the Memory Maze chipboard.
Toni Herron
2015 Memory Maze Design Team Member






2 comments: