Saturday, November 7, 2015

Decorative Birdcages and Marbled Christmas Card by Jodie Mason

Hello again, and I hope that this is finding you all well. Today I have some decorative birdcages to show you and a fun Christmas Card that can be created with the kids.
 
Decorative Birdcages

These birdcages are a heap of fun to create and I must thank Tracy from My2Angels for showing me how to put one of these together. The charms and embellishments also came from her store. I made 4 of them at the same time, but all in different colours and each with their own little twist. The little houses inside the cages and the flourishes were made from sheets of chipboard (Memory Maze of course). The houses either had chipboard bricks glued to them or had modelling paste used through the chipboard brick remnants (like a stencil). For more detailed instructions and photos please head over to my personal blog here.
 
The house components.
The house when glued together.
Modelling paste was used through a stencil to get a honeycomb effect for the roof.
One of the houses with the Memory Maze bricks glued on.
One of the houses with the brick stencil and modelling paste.

Front view of a finished bird cage.
Chipboard flourishes were die cut from chipboard sheets and then painted. These were placed around the houses in the cages.
A close-up of the house showcasing the bricks that are stuck on.
 
An example of the modelling paste bricks on the house.
 
Memory Maze supplies used:
 



Marbled Christmas Card

Today I have for you something that is completely new for me.... a video. Now this process can get a little (or a lot) messy so you may want to attempt it outside (I set mine up on our trampoline and my assistant sat on that), that way any mess can just be hosed away.

 


Memory Maze supplies used:
 

 
Now I hope that you have enjoyed this post and if you do find yourself attempting any of these techniques, I'd love to see what you created.

Thanks for visiting

Memory Maze Design Team 2015

1 comment:

  1. Amazing projects again Jodie.. The birdcages are seriously stunning!! And the technique with the shaving cream looks great! I've used this myself, but only with paper.. I've never tried it with chipboard pieces, but you've inspired me to put it on my to-do list.. Thank you!! Great video too! ;)

    ReplyDelete